Creekview High School Advisory Council will meet at 7:45 via Teams on the following dates for the 2023-24 school year:
October 5, 2023 Meeting Minutes
January 11, 2024
March 21, 2024
April 11, 2024
May 9, 2024*
Meeting minutes will be posted as soon as they are available.
*Additional meeting if needed
School Advisory Council Members 2023-2024
- Michael Santoro
- Leslie Babcock
- Dena Collins
- Jason Hardin
- Jason Hubbard
- Tara Fuentes
- Bo Counts
- Earnest Fletcher
- Jim Maher
- Leanne Etienne
2022-2023 Meeting Minutes
*March 23 meeting canceled.
2021-2022 Meeting Minutes
Purpose of the School Council
The General Assembly of Georgia created councils to "bring communities and schools closer together in a spirit of cooperation to solve difficult education problems, improve academic achievement, provide support for teachers and administrators, and bring parents into the school-based decision-making process."
School Councils shall provide advice, recommendations, and assistance and represent the community of parents and business.
- Members of the School Council will serve for a term of two years.
- The council will have a minimum of seven members.
- A parent member must serve as the chair.
School Council Accountability & Scope
The council is accountable to the constituents they serve and shall:
- Maintain a school-wide perspective on issues
- Participate in council meetings
- Participate in information and training programs
- Act as a link between the school council and the community
- Encourage the participation of parents and others within the school community
- Work to improve student achievement
- Provide advice and recommendations to the school principal and local board of education